The Department of Physical Education has the important activity to maintain or improve the physical fitness of the students and it is a continuous activity. The Physical activities are taken in an active and nonthreatening environment in which every students is participated, challenged and become successful.
The main objectives are:
- Promote regular physical activities among the students
- To develop an understanding of the importance of sport in the pursuit of a healthy and active lifestyle
- To develop an ability to observe, analyze and judge the performance of self and peers in sporting situations.
- Work effectively within a group toward common goals
- To use sport as a means to develop social interaction and so learn about others as well as themselves.
- To develop self-esteem and self-confidence through positive sporting experiences
The following facilities are available:
- 400 meters Track and Field area
- Basketball court with Fiber Glass board
- Hockey and Football Fields
- Volleyball, kabadi and badminton courts
- Cricket Ground Recognized by Tamilnadu Cricket Association